- All entries must be made on the approved entry form and lodged with the Show Secretary at Kyneton by times allotted in each section. All exhibits must be in their allotted places at time specified in each section.
- Unless the Committee otherwise permits, all exhibits must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor at the time of entry or be held by him under written lease in existence at the time of entry. The Committee shall have the power to recognize or reject such lease, as it deems fit.
- Neither Committee nor the members of the Kyneton Agricultural Society shall under any circumstances be liable for:
(a) The loss or death of any exhibit
(b) Any damage or injury occasioned to or by any exhibit.
(c) Any loss, damage or injury occasioned to or by any exhibitor or person acting on his behalf.
- The exhibitor enters solely at his own risk. Where an exhibit is the cause of injury or damage to any other exhibit or exhibitor, or to persons or property of the Society, or to the general public, the exhibitor of such exhibit shall indemnify the Society from and against all damages costs, claims, expenses and liability (including without limitation consequential loss and loss of profits) thereby incurred. The exhibitor shall be liable to the Society for any damage or loss occasioned to any of them by the exhibit or exhibitor or any person acting on his behalf or otherwise representing him.
- No exhibits shall be removed from exhibition or pens unless directed by the stewards before 5pm on the day of the show when all exhibits may be removed from the ground.
- No judge shall be an exhibitor in the section in which he is judge and it shall not be competent for any adjudicator to judge stock bred or previously owned by themselves.
- Any person insulting or interfering with a judge during the show will be subject to removal from the ground and the prizes (if any) awarded to such person forfeited.
- Aggregate Prizes: in the event of a tie for aggregate trophies based on first prizes, second prizes will be counted.
- Prize money will only be paid after 4pm and must be collected at the Prize Box, Watts Pavilion, Kyneton Showground before 5pm. Prize money not collected at the Show will be deemed a donation to the Society.
- Bag Searches will be conducted on entry at Showgrounds on Friday Night.
- No alcohol allowed.
- Entries to the show are accepted subject to, and entrants agree to be bound by, the rules and regulations and by-laws of the Show Society. The entrant agrees to abide by all decisions made by the Society, Group and VAS LTD, and no decision so made shall be called into question by the entrant before any court or other body (whether or not of a similar nature to a court) whatsoever.
SIDE SHOW ATTRACTIONS
Ground Steward: Mr. A. Sandilands
- Date: The date of the Show is Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th of November 2012.
- Opening Times: The Show is open from 5.30 pm until 10.00pm (Friday Night) and 9.00am to 4.00pm (Saturday)
- Power: Please indicate on Application Form if you need a powered site. The cost is $5.00 per site. Exhibitors/vendors are asked to provide their own leads which MUST conform with Victorian WorkCover Guildlines ie be tested and tagged within the previous three (3) months; be appropriate for the job (heavy duty); long enough for the job, but do not exceed permitted lengths, and in good condition. (Copies of the Code of Practice Temporary Electrical installations are available from your local WorkSafe Office)
- O H & S Regulations: All mobile plant MUST comply with Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Insurance: All exhibitors/vendors must have public liability insurance to $5,000.000 cover. Exhibitors/vendors must forward with their application a photocopy of a Certificate of Currency with cover for at least $5,000,000. valid at the date of the Show and complete the Public & Products Liability Insurance Indemnity Form (attached) and include both these with their application.
- Food Handling Permit: The Macedon Ranges Shire Council requires that all exhibitors/vendors must apply for a temporary food handling permit if they do not already have a Food Handler’s Certificate. This applies to those stalls selling food whether it is for immediate consumption or to be consumed later. Vendors of any type of food product must include with their application, photocopies of
- appropriate Food Handler’s Certificate
- Certificate of Registration from Local Government Authority
or their application will not be considered. Guidelines and Application Forms are available from the Macedon Ranges Shire Council Health Services.
- Liquor License: This is an alcohol free event
- Site Applications: All site applications must be submitted on the Official Form.
- Site Boundaries: The size of the site requested MUST be adequate to contain completely all the applicant’s equipment. Trailers, towbars, guy ropes etc must not infringe on adjacent sites. All exhibitors/vendors must keep sites safe to the public and must observe any reasonable instruction of the organizers.
- Set Up/Bump Out: Sites must be set up by 5pm on Friday 18th November 2011 and 9am Saturday 19th November 2011. Any change from this must have prior approval from the Ground Steward or the Show Secretary. Refer to Ground Steward or Show Secretary re Bump out times. The committee reserves the right to refuse entry to any exhibitor who are not set up by the required times.
- Vehicles: It is an Occupational Health & Safety requirement that ALL vehicles MUST be removed from the Showgrounds to the parking areas nominated by parking stewards by 9am on Show Day. If a vehicle forms an integral part of an exhibit, arrangements must be made prior to the Show with the Show Secretary for the vehicle to remain on the grounds. Such vehicles MUST NOT be moved under any circumstances between 9am and 5.00pm on Show Day.
- Passes: Exhibitors/vendors will not require passes to get in to the Showgrounds if they arrive before 9am on Show Day. After that time, everybody entering the Showgrounds is required to pay the appropriate entrance charge. Exhibitors must still pay competition fees for their entries.
- Fees: Site fees are charged at $5 per square meter or part thereof, with a minimum of $40 per site. Fees must be forwarded to the Secretary with the completed application unless other arrangements are agreed with the Show Secretary. Cheques should be made payable to the Kyneton Agricultural Society.
- Site Allocation: Sites will be allocated in advance of the Show. However, the Society reserves the right to change the position of any site on or before Show Day. The decision of the Ground Steward will be final.
- Refusal of Applications: The Society reserves the right to refuse an application for a site without giving any reason.
- Site Sub-letting/Sharing: Sub-letting or sharing of sites is not permitted. Showmen’s Guild members exempt.
- P.A. Systems: Individual public address systems are not permitted on Show Day. Exhibitors are invited to submit material for broadcast over the Show PA System to the Show Secretary’s Office on Show Day.
- Banned Items: Vendors of sample/show bags must submit a list of contents of bags to the Show Secretary at the time of application. Some novelty items are considered unsuitable for sale. Anything that can be used to create injury or nuisance to animals or people is banned from sale. A list of unsuitable and banned items has been included with this application forms. Vendors found to be selling these items will be dealt with according to law, and immediately removed from the Showgrounds.
21. Fire Permit: If you are operating any device with a naked flame (ie bbq or cooker) and it turns out to be a total fire ban (unlikely, but possible) you will need to register for a permit. Please contact local CFA.
22. Securing Pins, Pegs or Stakes: Securing pins, pegs or stakes must not be driven into the ground without prior permission of the Ground Stewards as underground hazards may exist.
23. Fireworks: Appropriate certificated personnel only may discharge fireworks. Application to discharge must be lodged with WorkSafe at least 7 days prior to the event.
24. Dangerous Goods: All dangerous goods must be correctly stored and labeled.